≡ Menu

How to wear trainers the smart way

I’ve said it before and I shall say it again: I love men’s shoes. And for that reason, I like to feature them in my site now and again. Sometimes I model them for you, but on other occasions, such as the present, I grab one of the stylish men I know, and coerce him into doing an outfit post for me.

So here we are, one of said stylish friends rocking a pair of Redskins trainers.

I think the jacket is from Zara,
the shirt could be from Adolfo Dominguez as I’ve heard he has a penchant for that brand
Shoes: Redskins courtesy of Spartoo

My friend tells me they are extremely comfortable and easy to wear with almost everything in his wardrobe, as he favours a certain casual chic style. I particularly like how they have been paired with some straight cut jeans, although he really needs to tell me where he got them  – seriously, these stylish men are very photogenic, but how sketchy are they on the details?! – These trainers can be also worn with some grey trousers, maybe even tweed, of the casual kind.

I simply love brown trainers. However, I only like them when they’ve been made for guys. Yes, I’m a tad strange. Rumour has it I once walked into the men’s section of a Pull & Bear, saw a pair I liked, asked for my size – fortunately I have big feet so I can fit into their smaller models – and bought them straight away. But that, my friends, is just a rumour.

How about you? Any strange shopping tendencies?

Picture: Fashion Limbo (by N & J)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments on this entry are closed.

• valentina January 11, 2012, 3:57 pm

Beautiful pics!!!i’m following you!!!if you like mine, do the same!!
    ZAGU FACEBOOK PAGE
    bloglovin follower

• FASHION TALES January 11, 2012, 11:02 pm

Love how you were able to get him to do an outfit post. Great Pull & bear rumour. lol
    Madison

• Fashion Limbo January 11, 2012, 11:12 pm

Still a rumour, though ;)
    Fashion Limbo recently posted..How to wear trainers the smart way

• Kionon January 12, 2012, 12:38 pm

Athletic shoes are for athletic pursuits. Otherwise, boat shoes, camp mocs, bluchers, or loafers are called for.

Glasses and shoes are the only two items I hate purchasing online. Perhaps that is odd?
    Kionon recently posted..LL Bean Camp Mocs

• Fashion Limbo January 13, 2012, 12:11 pm

Purchasing shoes online (and glasses) are also tricky for me. With shoes I’m between sizes which means a lot of the time I need to return them – this is where a good return policy becomes essential – and as for glasses, well that’s a really tough one as in regular stores it takes me forever to find a pair that suits my weird face ;)
    Fashion Limbo recently posted..How to wear trainers the smart way

• dusanabotswana January 13, 2012, 6:28 am

Nothing wrong w/ wearing men’s shoes and especially not stylish ones like this! (OK, I mean if you were into Men’s basketball shoes I might disagree, but these are another story). Your friend is super stylish. Hope your transition into London life continues going great : )
    dusanabotswana recently posted..Hiking Last Year

• Fashion Limbo January 13, 2012, 12:09 pm

Thank you :) London is behaving for now hehe.
    Fashion Limbo recently posted..How to wear trainers the smart way

• Arash Mazinani January 13, 2012, 1:32 pm

When it comes to trainers I tend to go with converse. Whenever I’m dressing a little bit smarter I usually stick with shoes. But these easily work, great photos :-).
    Arash Mazinani recently posted..Inappropriate Looks Part 2: It’s The Remix!

• Heather fonseca January 17, 2012, 6:38 am

He looks s o european! Love his trainers. Intend to stay out of the men’s section, but maybe I should go take a peek sometime.
    Heather fonseca recently posted..Mini Dress